Friday, October 12, 2012

Golden Train - Justin Nozuka

So, let me first off forgive myself for any errors in the following post, as I am posting from my mobile phone. But, getting down to the nitty gritty, I'd like to introduce my second song to y'all: "Golden Train" by Justin Nozuka.

This song was introduced to me a few years ago, and I've absolutely adored it ever since.  The lyrics and meaning are straightforward, yet, veiled in a shroud of caprice.  Justin is very good at this if you listen to some of his other songs. The meaning seems clear, however, there is always a metaphor or two in the actual song itself that throw you off the meanings trail.  The main intention of the song is to talk about the insecurities of a relationship.  He basically wants to know - tomorrow, if something better comes along (golden train), would she take the ride and leave him, or stay with what he has to offer. He "knows for sure, is that (my) love for (you) is deeper than any root or stone."  


No comments:

Post a Comment